Thursday, February 2, 2012

putting together a big girl room


While we are searching for ideas for the living room and dining room we realized that baby #2 is going to be here in 3 months. Holy smokes! So we better get working on the rooms for the littles...pronto! I've been gathering ideas for Sage's 'big girl' room. Here is some inspiration.

I had clipped the above photo from a 2010 Style at Home magazine article, as it just struck me as fresh and so pretty for a little girl's room. Sage has a little turquoise dresser (more greeny than the blue pieces above) but I thought a pink and turquoise room might be really sweet. 

I love the Marimekko fabric they have stretched in the image as art, the freshly painted furniture and light walls. Instead of white walls I may go with Gray Owl (2137-60) a Benjamin Moore colour I have used in the past which is warm and neutral and beautiful. 


This print was purchased a while ago, from Eva Juliet, a Montreal Etsy seller, and has been just waiting for Sage's new room.



Here is Sage's turquoise dresser, a pic from her old room...it's adorably sweet, but I have to admit that it is a tad small, especially as she gets older, so we might have to rethink this one a bit...



This pillow would look pretty cool, to add in a pop of pink.


Hmmm...I'm loving this colourful Jenny Lind bed too, although white may be nice and classic.


Hello turquoise chevron rug from Urban Outfitters!



No comments: