Thursday, October 9, 2008

a strange thing happened in glasgow...

While driving home on Sunday from my dad's house, through the wee hamlet of Glasgow {we are very European here in Ontario - we have a Paris and a London too!}, a strange thing happened. I saw a large dark figure up ahead at the side of the road, and I couldn't figure out what it was. As I got closer, I saw it was a horse! It had taken a leap into freedom I suppose, as it seemed very confused and a bit scared. I drove very slowly as I got near, and before I knew it, the horse started to gallop beside my car...it was following me! Not something that happens every day! But I thought it was quite a beautiful experience, as I stared out my side window at the horse right beside me - they really are stunning creatures. I stopped my car and the horse galloped in front of me - at which point I grabbed my point-and-shoot camera and took this quick pic out of my front window. I needed proof that a random horse had roamed free and followed my car! I noticed an SUV driving through the farmer's field, trying to round up the horse so I think it was going to be ok. But that was my bit of excitement while driving through the wee little hamlet of Glasgow Ontario.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's amazing!!