Thursday, March 5, 2009

marvelous muffins

Don't you just love finding a new blog that is a little gem? I usually waste insane amounts of time at interior and graphic design, wedding and artsy blogs but I just found a cooking blog that has some wonderful recipe inspiration - For the Love of Cooking.

On the weekend I made their Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins that uses yogurt instead of butter {I am always alarmed at how much butter is used in baking, and even more grossed out at the amount of shortening
in some older recipes}. These muffins are marvelous! Note that I only used 1/3 cup chocolate chips...I'm a chocoholic, but 1 cup seemed like a lot. And I also tried making these with spelt flour {less gluten} and they were wonderful too...just add about 1/4 cup more of spelt flour so that it rises a bit better.

Enjoy! I'm definitely making these again soon!

No comments: